Hello my Bright and Happy People! I wanted to give you an update on all of the projects that I was working on in the Ongoing Projects post. I want to let you know where I'm at and where I am planning to go from today. Projects
- Wordpress for Beginners - I was a collaborator with this course. I also learned a lot from it and made an awesome new friend. I am still regularly referencing this course and learning new things everyday.
- Bright Colors Happy Things blog - That's this one! You can see for yourself where I am at with it. I feel like I have so much that I want to do that I'm not making any progress, and yet when I take a look at all of my pre-run, test blogs, I am so proud of what I have accomplished so far. (Stay tuned! There is going to be an additional post on this subject very soon.)
- My Part-Time "actual" job - I'm still employed at the same position. It isn't the best environment, but it allows me to work on other things while making an income to pay the bills. I can't complain and I actually am very blessed that I was given this opportunity.
- UCSD Bachelor's Degree - I'm currently in the middle of my last semester. I am really, really behind and I have missed way too many classes, but I have been actively working to get caught back up. I have 7 weeks left, which comes out to about 52 more days. Wish me luck! (Stay tuned! There is going to be an additional post on this subject very soon.)
- GMAT Test Prep - I have basically given up on this. I wasn't feeling the whole continue with school thing. I have been having such a hard time this past year with school that I am not interested in doing more. I may come back to this later in life, but for now, this has crossed off my life.
- Home Organization/Renovation - My house is no where near organized. Haha! I just really haven't been motivated to keep up with cleaning or organizing it. I need to have an all weekend spring cleaning/purge of it. That will help me feel better about it.
- Writing my Ebook "You Spent How Much On a Planner?" - Well, I have about four pages written. I am starting a "write a book in 30 days" course with Infobomo, Inforpreneur book month. Be on the look out for updates through Twitter and Instagram.
- Getting back into consistent fitness and health habits - This was a big, fat fail. I don't mean to sound negative but I started working out for about 3 days and then I stopped. I have been trying to eat healthier. I am meal planning more so that always helps.
- My Writing - I haven't actually written any short stories like I normally do, but this blog has been satisfying my urge to write. In fact, its making me write more than I ever have before.
- Creating my Conquering Planner Overwhelm course - I am currently still working on this. I have the structure set up and I started putting content in it. I am going to finish at least one lesson and then start promoting it like crazy. Be on the lookout.
- Working on grants for a Non-Profit I am a part of - I have really dropped the ball on this part of my to-do list. I recently restructured my Kikki.K planner to include a section just for my grants. I will be writing all of my applications in there so that I am doing the most I can to help out the non-profit and to be more organized about it.
- My full-time job hunt - I didn't really start this because I wasn't sure how to go about it while I still had another quarter left at school. Now that I am almost done, I will be making a blog post - and possibly a video - on the structure of how I went about doing that.
- My Etsy shop - I really haven't done much with this. I may just close it down for now. I feel like there are too many people competing in an oversaturated market. I will revisit the idea and option of opening up a store later on - possibly once I get my brand a bit more established and I find the right products that I want to offer.
- Managing Facebook groups - I have a Facebook for this blog that I have been slacking on. I posted a really bad cover photo and my own personal photo for the profile picture. We have officially updated that and I am gathering content to post more often. I also have a Facebook group called We Love EC Entrepreneurs - which is a group for entrepreneurs who use Erin Condren planners. I also am starting to become more active in this group. I have content scheduled for the next month. Let me know if you want to join either of these groups.
- School - This is something new that I am adding on because I am saving up to start the Wedding and Event Institute certification courses. It is an online course that gets me fully certified in the special events and wedding industry. So far, I have about $100 of the total $1,395 needed. I will keep you up to date as to my progress towards this.
This is all of my projects for right now. Why am I giving you an update on all of this? Am I trying to make you feel bad because you aren't doing as much as I am? Yes. (Did you believe me?) Actually no, I'm not trying to make you feel bad. I want to show you everything that I am working on and where I am with all of it. I want to show you that I am human and that I let a lot of stuff slip through and drop the ball on other stuff. I want you to know that you can always start back up and that it is not the end of the world if you don't start, keep up with, or finish what you meant to do. Just make sure you keep a smile on your face, kindness in your heart, and friends by your side.