Hello my Bright and Happy People! I've seen a lot of people talking about schedules and routines, especially now with the holidays coming up and things speeding up a bit more. There is a lot of blog posts, videos, and pictures describing the weekly or even daily routines/schedules, but I want to talk to you about my monthly schedule! This is something that I've been working on building for the past couple of months and I actually really like it.
What Do You Use a Monthly Schedule For?
I'm so glad you asked. My monthly schedule is what I use for things that don't really need to be done weekly or daily, but they are the administrative tasks that need to get done. I hate leaving things for the last minute, even though I'm fairly famous for it, so I decided to try this. I wanted to take each task, give it a date on the monthly schedule, and make sure that it got done that day.
My monthly schedule is so that when I have "batch days" as the Kelsey over at Paper & Oats has created, my list isn't overwhelming and it isn't stuff that has been weighing on me. I get to use it as a day to relax and really focus on planning out my next steps. My monthly schedule also lets me keep on track with all of the analytical data that I need to make sure that I know when I want to make decisions.
How Did You Decide What To Add On Your Monthly Schedule?
This was easy - kind of. I knew that I wanted to add tasks that weren't really long or hard, just time consuming. Things like auditing my social media, filling out my expense and income reports, and updating my media kit. I knew that I wanted to make sure that I used my monthly calendar as a way to track my blog posts, videos, newsletters, and Periscopes.
I also needed to make sure that I had all of my paperwork in order for the month, so scheduling a paperwork "batch day" has helped me keep up to date with all of it. I have also started to craft a monthly cover sheet, check out my blog post about it here, and making sure that my files in all of the different places that I have them, have been consolidated and organized. There are a lot of things that I've used to make sure that I keep track of everything. It may be different for you, but I wanted to show you what's working for me, as of now.
What is Your Monthly Schedule, Kaylee?
You guys have such good questions! My monthly schedule goes a little something like this:
- The 1st of the month: Audit social media accounts, update my media kit, publish my new monthly goals post
- 15th of the month: start making my new month cover sheet, start writing my monthly review of monthly goals post, start writing my new monthly goals post
- Third Sunday of the month: Batch day! (consolidating posts, cleaning up blog design and organization, paperwork for the month, organizing and cleaning up files)
- Last day of the month (30th or 31st): Update/reconcile all of my bank accounts, go over and check off any goals that I completed for the month, publish my monthly goal review
- Every Monday of the month: schedule social media for the week/two weeks, Accountability Periscope
- Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday of the month: a blog post is published and added to my archives
- Every Friday of the month: a Youtube video is published
- Every Saturday of the month: my newsletter is sent out
This is my general schedule. I am still working on automating more of my process of writing and scheduling, but so far, all of this has been working out pretty well. I am hoping to really fine tune this and make so that I have blog posts ready to go at least a whole month before they are to be published. Things are moving - albeit, a bit more slowly than I initially wanted, but I'm having a lot of fun making this my own and doing it my own way.